Occupational Health Policy
Our Credo Commitment
We believe our first responsibility is to the doctors, nurses and patients, to mothers and fathers and all others who use our products and services. We are responsible to our employees with working conditions that are clean, orderly and safe.
To take all reasonable steps to prevent work related ill health, and to support the general health and well-being of our employees thus ensuring Legal, Health, Safety & Environmental Management System Manual (HSE01) and Johnson & Johnson Health Surveillance compliance.
Our Occupational Health function is to:
- Advise on fitness for work in the light of pre-employment, re-deployment or pre-placement medicals, disability, health surveillance and attendance management.
- Ensure accurate and concise record keeping and confidentiality of medical information.
- Provide advice and referral as required to employees General Practitioners, Occupational Physician, Optician, Physiotherapist and Counseling Services.
- Provide advice to Managers and Team Leaders on all aspects of Occupational Health.
- Monitor and provide advice on sickness absence, trends or causes of absence. Provide information as appropriate to Managers and Team Leaders who are responsible for managing absence.
- Promote and actively encourage optimum health for all employees.
- Carry out workplace health surveillance, education and training programs as appropriate.
- Manage First Aid provisions, arrangements and ongoing training.